MAS-E program eligibility
The Master of Advanced Study in Engineering (MAS-E) program is designed for both recent science or engineering graduates and individuals with several years of professional experience who are interested in gaining knowledge or skills for career growth. Most successful students have the following:
BA or BS in a math, science, engineering, or computer science discipline
- You must hold or expect to hold, prior to the beginning of classes, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. school. International applicants of recognized academic institutions outside the United States must hold a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- The MAS-E degree is intended for those with a STEM degree, including but not limited to: Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, Engineering, Math, and Computer Science.
The following requirements are important to succeed in MAS-E courses and should be met before enrollment. Students may fulfill these requirements after admission.
- Linear algebra & multivariable calculus
- Some MAS-E courses require linear algebra and multivariable calculus as a prerequisite.
- It is recommended to have coursework in these subjects, but motivated students without this coursework are allowed to self-study the relevant material.
- Programming experience
- To succeed in MAS-E courses, you must have some prior experience programming in a high-level language such as Python, Java, or C/C++. Students should be familiar with variable assignments and control structure (for loops, if statements, logic) in one of these languages.
- You can satisfy this requirement through prior coursework or through experience, or after admission.
Applicants offered admission will be notified within two months after the application deadline. Applicants who are not offered admission will also be notified. After admission, students will be required to pay a non-refundable enrollment deposit to secure their spot in the program.
If you need disability accommodations to assist you with the admissions process, please contact email@example.com.